Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fathers and Sons


Found these two photos over the weekend and now I have a new category for my collecting: Fathers and Sons. Strange that I didn't start collecting these long ago... maybe not enough years of therapy under my belt.

Anyway, these two pictures seem to suggest two very different kinds of father/son relationships. There's the classic "he-man" Dad teaching son to make a muscle. Little Billy is literally imitating his papa, learning how to be "manly." Now there's no need to go into the obvious homoerotic overtones.



The other kind of relationship (the one I had) is captured in this photo. These two people may be occupying the same planet but they sure aren't relating to each other.

And call me crazy, but there's something about the pose of the little boy to suggest he would grow up to be... well, somebody like me. Love the pleated trousers too.

No comments: